A few years ago, I took a tango private class that completely changed my tango nights.
With one small comment from the teacher, I suddenly started having partners dancing with me non-stop.
And no, it wasn’t about changing anything about my technique…. but rather, it was about how I connected with the people I danced with.
Or rather, how I didn’t really connect…
You see, I thought I was doing quite well! I was already teaching, I was always dancing throughout the night, I was very diligent and focused on letting my partner guide me.
So when he said “you’re not giving me enough freedom…” I was taken aback.
And I’m glad he did, because the small adjustment I took afterwards completely changed my tango nights.
And I believe it made me a much better person in the process 🙂
(This is Anne speaking, but Pablo agrees, as you’ll see in this video!)
So, in this video, I’m sharing with you:
- What I do before I start dancing so that my partner feels connected to me
- How it impacts his dancing and ability to connect with me
- What Pablo and I agree leaders and followers can do to feel more connected in the close embrace.
This is more of a discussion than what we do usually, but we hope (we’re sure :-)) it helps!
We hope it helps.
If you enjoyed this video and the info we share on our blog, we would be so grateful if you signed up to our channel. You will get weekly tips for a more powerful & elegant tango.
Thank you so much for watching!
Keep learning, and keep sharing your dancing, because the world of tango needs your embrace.
Pablo & Anne
PS: Do you want clarity on tango dancing?
Frustrated with how long it takes to improve your tango technique?
Do you want to look & feel more powerful & elegant in your tango dancing?
Have a look at our step-by-step Online technique Course, it might be the right tool to take your tango to the next level 🙂
TANGO CORE™: ELEGANCE AND POWER IN THE EMBRACE
Tango Salon technique course for intermediate dancers
This Intermediate course provides you with the tools to improve the quality of your dancing, strengthen your core muscles and find elegance and power in the embrace - for leaders and followers.
Tango Core™ combines a unique combination of movement training and musicality to:
- Improve the quality of your dancing with technique and connection exercises
- Create your own custom training with exercises to do at home to strengthen your core muscles, build dissociation memory, reinforce your axis and develop your ability to connect
- Practice original sequences to dance socially
- Learn how you can add decorations and pausing to make your dancing more elegant and sophisticated