We often say that people come to tango for the movements, and stay for the connection…
Can you relate?!?
Our theory is that it is such a surprisingly challenging dance, that we stick to it once we have felt the incredible warmth, power and intimacy of a connected embrace.
There are so many elements in connection.
Mental. emotional, physical… and when we lose it, our dance becomes bland, and not as exciting as it could be, do you agree?
One of the common mistakes we see is with the physical connection – which is the starting point of every tango movement.
Without it, our dance is less precise, less powerful, and doesn’t contain as much feelings…
But with it, it feels like it flows! We understand our partners better, feel listened to, and have much better technique too (added bonus to gorgeous connection:))
So, to help you make sure you’re always feeling good in a tango embrace, we share with you the three moments in the dance where we often see dancers lose the physical connection.
Click on the video to watch:
- The 3 common movements where dancers lose the connection and how to correct it
- The important role ladies/followers have in keeping the connection
- A demonstration of all three movements together with or without the connection
We really hope it helps!
If you enjoyed this video and the info we share on our blog, we would be so grateful if you signed up to our channel. You will get weekly tips for a more powerful & elegant tango.
Thank you so much for watching!
Keep learning, and keep sharing your dancing, because the world of tango needs your embrace.
Pablo & Anne
PS: Ever wondered what would happen if you could be completely in the flow and moving as one with your partner?
What we you could take what we have learned from years of return trips to Buenos Aires, and apply it to your dancing, to not only feel more relaxed and joyful… but also help your partners feel the same?
Want to dancer more fluidly without needing to think too much so that you can feel confident and enjoy your tandas?
Looking to feel the music and the connection with your partners better?
Click on the link below to check out our Tango Connection & Musicality Retreat – it might be exactly what you need – and register your interest to book a spot.
We are sold out for Followers and only have 5 spots available for Leaders so don’t delay!
TANGO CORE™: ELEGANCE AND POWER IN THE EMBRACE
Tango Salon technique course for intermediate dancers
This Intermediate course provides you with the tools to improve the quality of your dancing, strengthen your core muscles and find elegance and power in the embrace - for leaders and followers.
Tango Core™ combines a unique combination of movement training and musicality to:
- Improve the quality of your dancing with technique and connection exercises
- Create your own custom training with exercises to do at home to strengthen your core muscles, build dissociation memory, reinforce your axis and develop your ability to connect
- Practice original sequences to dance socially
- Learn how you can add decorations and pausing to make your dancing more elegant and sophisticated