You know, that moment?
That moment when the tango music is very rhythmic and choppy and suddenly goes soft…
You were busy dancing in a rhythmic and edgy way, and suddenly you’re not sure how to adapt to the music…
Ever been there?
And if playing with the music is one of the absolute joys of tango dancing, we know it can feel like a challenge at times.
So, for the moments when you need to change your dancing fast, so you can express the different rhythms of the dancing, we’ve created this video.
We show you how to use a boleo for sharpness, and resolve with a soft and melodic parada.
And as we know that as tango dancers you care more about the technique than about steps, we’ve packed in boleo technique tips as well!
Click on the video to learn:
- The boleo with contraposition technique for leaders
- How to resolve a boleo with a parada
- Follower’s technique: 2 special tips to make sure the boleo is the organic result of your connection with your partner (hint: it is *Not* a decoration)
- How to adapt your embrace to be able to feel the boleo lead
We hope it helps.
If you enjoyed this video and the info we share on our blog, we would be so grateful if you signed up to our channel. You will get weekly tips for a more powerful & elegant tango.
Thank you so much for watching!
Keep learning, and keep sharing your dancing, because the world of tango needs your embrace.
Pablo & Anne
PS: Do you want clarity on tango dancing?
Frustrated with how long it takes to improve your tango technique?
Do you want to look & feel more powerful & elegant in your tango dancing?
Have a look at our step-by-step Online technique Course, it might be the right tool to take your tango to the next level 🙂
TANGO CORE™: ELEGANCE AND POWER IN THE EMBRACE
Tango Salon technique course for intermediate dancers
This Intermediate course provides you with the tools to improve the quality of your dancing, strengthen your core muscles and find elegance and power in the embrace - for leaders and followers.
Tango Core™ combines a unique combination of movement training and musicality to:
- Improve the quality of your dancing with technique and connection exercises
- Create your own custom training with exercises to do at home to strengthen your core muscles, build dissociation memory, reinforce your axis and develop your ability to connect
- Practice original sequences to dance socially
- Learn how you can add decorations and pausing to make your dancing more elegant and sophisticated