5-WEEK TANGO CORE™ DETAILED PROGRAMME
TANGO CORE™ has been designed to provide you, the demanding dancer with the deep and thorough resource you need to improve the quality of your dancing, express yourself with elegance and dance powerfully. Pablo and Naomi explore in-depth 4 key elements of Tango dancing, with 4 modules of 2 videos, and an additional bonus video on connection.
The course can be started at any time, and taken at your own pace. 7 days warranty: if you use the TANGO CORE™ exercises and it does not help improve your dancing, we will reimburse you the registration fee for up to 7 days after purchase.
Start when you want – Lifetime access to TANGO CORE™ for £90 only
WEEK 1: IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF YOUR WALKING
2 videos – video length: 26 minutes
Video 1: Power and Relaxation in the walk
- What is the difference between active and passive walking?
- How do we create energy and power between the couple?
Video 2: Walking systems and secret signals
- What are the 2 systems we always use in tango?
- What are the secret signals in the embrace that are rarely taught?
Main teaching focus: technique exercises, quality, walking systems, core muscles
WEEK 2: EXPRESS YOURSELF MUSICALLY
2 videos – video length: 39 minutes
Video 3: Beyond the Cross – Bringing sophistication to your dancing
- How does the cross bring more sophistication to your dancing?
- How to use this movement within the music?
Video 4: Beyond the Cross – Opening the embrace
- Why do we open the embrace?
- How and when do we open the embrace?
Main teaching focus: technique tips, pausing, musicality, walking systems, embrace
WEEK 3: TRAIN IN THE KEY SHAPE OF TANGO FOR POWER AND FLUIDITY
2 videos – video length: 31 minutes
Video 5: Dissociation and pivot – Key shape, power and fluidity
- What is the key shape in our bodies that makes tango different?
- How can you create more power and fluidity in your body?
Video 6: Dissociation and pivot – Playing with the line of dance, space and time
- How can we move in the line of dance using Dissociation and Pivoting?
- How can we play with space and time to the follower for musical decoration?
Main teaching focus: technique exercises, ochos backwards and forwards, cambio de front, decorations
WEEK 4: FIND FREEDOM AND ELEGANCE IN THE TURNS
2 videos – video length: 34 minutes
Video 7: Giro rhythmic – Perfecting the technique and playing with dynamics
- How to build more dynamic and power in your giro?
- When can we use giros in the music?
Video 8: More than a giro: flexibility and decorations for leaders and follower
- How to take your giro to the next level?
- Flexibility between open and close embrace
Main teaching focus: giro technique for leaders and followers, giro weaving pattern, dynamics, follower’s strength, decorations
WEEK 5: CREATE TRUE CONNECTION (BONUS VIDEO)
1 video – video length: 15 minutes
Video 9: Finding True Connection
- Which are the 3 elements you need to connect in tango?
- Why don’t people connect sometimes?
- What is the scariest moment in the dance for the leader?
Main teaching focus: connection, body awareness, breathing, pausing
You can start the course any time, and take it at your own pace